Following Elon Musk’s takeover of Twitter, the corporate has made drastic adjustments during the last a number of weeks. Almost half of Twitter’s workforce was laid off as the corporate fully restructured its income mannequin. Musk’s intentions included rushing up Twitter, unbanning individuals who could have been wrongly banned, and to severely scale back the variety of spam bots on the location.
Following the current re-relaunch of Twitter Blue, last-minute coverage adjustments had been met with criticism by Twitter customers together with a vaguely unclear coverage about utilizing Twitter to advertise third-party platforms. After which Musk acknowledged that he’d be holding Twitter polls to determine on future coverage adjustments.
Ought to we have now a coverage stopping the creation of or use of current accounts for the principle goal of promoting different social media platforms?
— Twitter Security (@TwitterSafety) December 19, 2022
Properly, the very subsequent ballot that Musk held was asking customers whether or not the brand new CEO ought to step down as the pinnacle of Twitter. 57.5% of 17,503,391 voters stated Musk ought to step down whereas the remaining 42.5% stated Musk ought to stay.
Ought to I step down as head of Twitter? I’ll abide by the outcomes of this ballot.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 18, 2022
Indicators (apart from the Twitter ballot) level to Musk’s imminent departure as Twitter’s CEO. Tesla’s inventory has dropped greater than 60% YoY because the auto business begins one other decline because the one brough by COVID lockdowns. In the meantime, the adjustments delivered to Twitter could find yourself costing the platform $4 billion, as per tech analyst Dan Ives.
Nobody needs the job who can really hold Twitter alive. There isn’t a successor.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) December 19, 2022
Musk himself Tweeted, “There isn’t a successor”, in response to a Tweet that recommended Twitter already had a brand new CEO lined as much as succeed Musk as the pinnacle of Twitter. Maybe there’s no successor… but?
Controversy struck when a number of journalists’ accounts had been suspended following an interplay on Twitter Areas the place Musk popped right into a dialogue amongst journalists and was stumped by their questions, prompting his sudden departure from the Areas.