What you’ll want to know
- Nothing has begun rolling out the second Android 13 beta forward of schedule.
- The replace consists of new options and enhancements, similar to a brand new glyph ringtone, extra wallpapers, improved animations, and extra.
- Nothing Cellphone 1 house owners a part of the beta program can replace their gadgets to the brand new beta as of Friday, January 13.
After already launching the primary Android 13 beta in December, the corporate hoped to get the second beta out subsequent week. Nonetheless, CEO Carl Pei famous that issues are transferring forward of schedule and that the second beta has already begun rolling out for the Nothing Cellphone 1.
We’re forward of schedule and can start the rollout as we speak as a substitute! https://t.co/AasS8iJjR1January 13, 2023
We have acquired the brand new Nothing OS 1.5 beta on our Nothing Cellphone 1 and located that it comes with quite a lot of new options and enhancements, as is common for a Nothing replace. With the brand new beta, customers are handled to a brand new “handcrafted” glyph ringtone, new notifications, greater than double the variety of wallpapers, and far more.
You’ll be able to see the total changelog under:
- A model new handcrafted glyph ringtone and notification
soundpack of a barely totally different type!
- A brand new assortment of minimalist wallpapers at the moment are out there in
the customisation menu on the homescreen,
- A Lockscreen shortcut customisations! Select to show
shortcuts for digital camera, torch, system controls and pockets.
- Simply swap between information utilization when utilizing twin SIM with the
improved community Fast Settings panel
- Smoother animation when transitioning the show between on
and off (regardless if All the time on Show standing)
- Improved the show auto brightness algorithm
- The complete Nothing X app will now be out there in Nothing OS.
- The pop-up view has been introduced again with some interplay
- Improved Digital camera app Ul and animations
- Improved battery life.
- Elevated system stability and bug fixes
The replace is available in at simply 127MB. A tweet from Pei additionally notes that the worldwide firmware has been merged for Android 13 as a part of a “refactoring” of its code.
Picture 1 of 3
The replace comes simply days after asserting the small print of its U.S. beta program, the place followers in the USA pays $300 to obtain the telephone and check out the Nothing OS 1.5 beta software program. Nonetheless, Android Central’s Jerry Hildenbrand is not satisfied that the beta membership is price the associated fee, even when the telephone itself is, primarily as a result of U.S. provider assist could be very restricted.
Nothing is predicted to launch the secure Android 13 replace in Q1 2023.
The Nothing Cellphone 1 is a singular telephone, primarily because of its clear design and Glyph mild setup on the again. Sadly, U.S. assist is proscribed, however the telephone continues to get higher with every new replace, together with the upcoming Android 13 replace.