Whereas the eye in iOS 16.2, iPadOS 16.2, and macOS 13.1 Ventura is perhaps on Superior Knowledge Safety (ADP), an choice to increase end-to-end encryption for practically all of your knowledge synced by way of and saved at iCloud, don’t overlook a sleeper characteristic thrown in with these releases. You possibly can individually disable internet entry to your iCloud knowledge.
You may determine that within the pursuits of safety, you don’t wish to have the slightest chance somebody may get hold of your account credentials in such a approach that they’ll log in at iCloud.com, even when they couldn’t handle to log in to a different Apple gadget. With two-factor authentication, it shouldn’t be possible, however there’s extra potential for an online exploit than a device-based one.
To disable internet entry to iCloud.com knowledge in any of the above working system releases, do the next:
- Go to Settings (iOS/iPadOS) or System Settings (macOS) > Account Identify > iCloud.
- Disable Entry iCloud Knowledge on the Net.
- Apple prompts you with an extra question: “Don’t entry your iCloud knowledge on the internet?” Faucet or click on Don’t Entry to proceed. (Faucet Entry iCloud Knowledge on the Net or click on Entry on the Net to again out of your selection.)
To re-enable entry:
- Flip the swap again on in the identical location as in step 1 above.
- Apple once more prompts you, this time with “Entry your iCloud knowledge on the internet?” Faucet Entry iCloud Knowledge on the Net or click on Entry on the Net to proceed. (Or Don’t Entry to maintain it disabled.)
Ask Mac 911
We’ve compiled an inventory of the questions we get requested most regularly, together with solutions and hyperlinks to columns: learn our tremendous FAQ to see in case your query is roofed. If not, we’re at all times in search of new issues to unravel! Electronic mail yours to [email protected], together with display screen captures as applicable and whether or not you need your full identify used. Not each query will likely be answered, we don’t reply to e mail, and we can’t present direct troubleshooting recommendation.