If you happen to’re on the lookout for a last-minute present for an Apple fan in your life, there’s one surprisingly easy reply: Get them an AirTag. Or a bunch of them.
For quite a lot of causes, AirTags — Apple’s Mentos-shaped monitoring tags that assist customers shortly find misplaced gadgets — make the final word stocking stuffer for anyone within the Apple ecosystem.
This submit accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. Cult of Mac might earn a fee whenever you use our hyperlinks to purchase gadgets.
Why AirTags make nice items
If you happen to purchase an AirTag for the Apple lover in your life, you recognize you’re getting one thing they are going to recognize. Even when they don’t understand it once they unwrap the present. And shopping for an AirTag — or a four-pack of AirTags — comes with not one of the traditional issues that generally accompany present procuring.
Right here’s why AirTags make the right stocking stuffer.
1. They’re reasonably priced. A single AirTag retails for $29 from Apple, however you possibly can nearly at all times discover one for much less. Apple sells four-packs for $99, however you doubtless can snag even larger financial savings from third-party sellers like Amazon, Walmart or Finest Purchase. (We noticed a four-pack for lower than $75 round Black Friday, however you’ll doubtless pay extra at this level.) It’s not inconceivable that you may purchase a four-pack, bust it open, and hand out particular person AirTags to everybody in your record.
2. AirTags will “match” anybody. Not like a sweater or socks, AirTags are assured to suit the recipient. So long as the individual owns a latest iPhone, iPad, Mac or iPod contact, they will run Apple’s good Discover My app. And that may allow them to hold tabs on their new AirTag. They doubtless already find out about Discover My, and an AirTag will slide seamlessly into that have.
3. They’re small. Measuring simply 1.26 inches in diameter and 0.31 inches excessive, AirTags are tiny sufficient to stuff into any stocking, whether or not of their field or “bare.” However they’re nonetheless giant sufficient to harbor a surprisingly loud speaker that helps find misplaced gadgets.
4. No person can have too lots of them. As soon as an individual enters the AirTag world, it turns into immediately apparent that there are limitless makes use of for Apple’s monitoring tags. Attaching them to keychains or hiding them in baggage tags stay the marquee purposes, however that’s simply the beginning. You possibly can slip one in something from a backpack to a automobile’s glove compartment to place an finish to misplaced gadgets giant and small. Truthfully, no purse, pet or passport ought to be with out one.
So many makes use of for AirTags …
5. They decorate properly. Due to the seemingly limitless record of purposes, third-party producers dreamed up a shimmering constellation of AirTag equipment. You’ll find canine collars, stealth bike mounts, slimline wallets, passport holders and extra. There’s even an AirTag case for the Apple TV’s Siri Distant that may make trying to find the clicker in between the sofa cushions an extremely easy process. That ever-expanding universe means you possibly can pair an AirTag with an acceptable accent for a simple last-minute two-fer. (By the best way, the Cult of Mac Retailer shares a big range of fantastic AirTag equipment.)
6. Apple retains making AirTags higher. Cupertino continues to roll out AirTag firmware updates. Some addressed early considerations about stalkers utilizing AirTags to harass victims. Others simply make the tiny trackers extra dependable.
7. AirTags will evoke pleasure all yr lengthy. Not like another items that sparkle like champagne for a couple of minutes, then shortly lose their enchantment, an AirTag will reward the recipient all yr lengthy. (The simple-to-replace and cheap CR2032 batteries that energy AirTags final no less than that lengthy as properly.) Each time the one you love makes use of Apple’s good Discover My app to shortly find their AWOL automobile keys, they are going to breathe a sigh of reduction. And they’ll assume fondly of you — the one who gave them the right present.